Seeking an experienced commercial Plumber with a minimum of 3 years of construction or industrial experience to work on commercial and industrial projects. To be considered for this position, you must have a valid driver’s license, pass physicals and drug/alcohol testing, have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various job locations in South Central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, assemble, install, and repair plumbing parts, products, and equipment.
- Inspect assemblies and installation specifications for compliance.
- Cut, thread, bend pipe.
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Utilize machining and lay-out techniques.
- Use hand and power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Understands and applies industry standards and codes for plumbing procedures.
- Able to speak, write, read, and understand the English language well enough to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Apply knowledge of shop mathematics and lay-out techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner following company safety policies.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to reach, handle, and manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds with or without an accommodation.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other climbing devices.
- Work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched and crawling positions.
- Perform assigned tasks in all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds.
- Perform assigned tasks in noisy conditions, close proximity to moving mechanical parts, working in high exposed levels as well as cramped quarters with proper PPE.
Other Job Details:
- A high school diploma/GED, or a combination of education and work required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Valid plumbing license required.
- Completion of a trade school preferred.
- Backflow and Medical Gas ASSE Installer certification preferred.
- May mentor Plumbing Apprentice.
- Jobs are full-time, year-round positions.
- Normal work schedule is 8 hours per day, Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime. Daily start times may vary.
Walton is “Not Your Typical Mechanical Contractor…We’re Family”
John Hettle P.E., President
We Design It…We Build It…We Service It!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!