Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Management Assistant will provide administrative and technical support, including but not limited to, analysis and coordination of the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget of commercial and industrial mechanical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document control (RFIs, submittals, change orders, claims, drawing addendums, etc.
- Establish and maintain accurate job files
- Assist and support project team with daily project coordination
- Procurement of constructions materials
- Quality control and assurance checks
- Review and track budgets to maintain or exceed profit expectations
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Survey and project layout
- Rough project designs using field sketches and computer software
- Project estimating
- Weekly project progress pictures
- Collaborate with project team to manage construction equipment
- Resolve field issues and questions in a timely manner
- Safety management
- Able to traverse job sites
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or a combination of technical training and job experience
- Entry level – three years of mechanical contracting or construction industry work experience
- Strong technical background
- Basic understanding of email management, word processing, spreadsheets, file sharing, calendars. Working knowledge of construction, and virtual 2d and 3d design software
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess active listening skills. Able to give full attention to what is being said, taking time to understand the points being made, and ask questions
- Perform under deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently, follow through on assignment with minimal direction and set priorities
- Willing to be a lifelong learner and develop professionally
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behaviors in business relationships and transactions
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Walton offers Highmark BlueShield PPO medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match and immediate vesting, employer-paid life, short term and long term insurance, immediate paid time off, educational assistance and state-registered apprenticeships.
We Design It … We Build It … We Service It!
We Are Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer!