Very busy Engineering Department needs to hire a Plumbing/HVAC Design Assistant. Working directly with Mechanical Designers and Engineers, this role will provide design support for our Plumbing and HVAC commercial projects
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare basic CAD drawings
- Assist with design and sizing of HVAC ductwork systems in accordance with international plumbing and mechanical codes
- Coordinate designs with general, electrical, site, fire protection, and structural contractors
- Assist with heating/load calculations and energy modeling
- Request equipment and fixture pricing and submittals from vendors
- Review equipment and fixture quotes and submittals for accuracy
- Prepare equipment and fixture schedules based on vendor submittals
- Participate in site surveys
- Process paperwork and forms for Mechanical Designer as needed
- Prepare detailed scope of work letters
- Print drawings
- Assist Mechanical Designer will telephone and email communications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate or relevant technical degree preferred. A combination of training and work experience may be considered
- Knowledge of Plumbing and HVAC systems
- Possess working knowledge of drafting fundamentals and standards
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and CAD. Bluebeam knowledge preferred
- Must be extremely organized, self-reliant, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and possess flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities.
- Maintain a professional approach, tact, and courtesy when dealing with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- High level of self-motivation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize and work efficiently as part of a team and independently.
- Possess active listening skills. Able to give full attention to what is being said, taking time to understand the points being made, and ask questions.
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in business relationships and transactions.
This is a full-time hourly position with excellent benefits. Walton offers Highmark BlueShield PPO medical/dental/vision healthcare insurance, employer-provided long-term/life insurance and short-term disability. Other benefits include 401(k) plan with employer match and immediate vesting, immediate paid time off, paid holidays, education assistance and Pennsylvanian registered Sheet Metal, HVAC & Plumbing apprenticeships.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
We Design It…We Build It…We Service It!