Dependable Laborer is needed to work in the field in our Plumbing & Pipe-fitting Division. This job is an entry level job that will provide a great opportunity to learn a trade from skilled tradesmen. A solid work history is required. Experience working on construction jobs is preferred, however, we will consider other types of work experiences. Job sites are in South Central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland. Pennsylvania registered Plumbing apprenticeship available.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist Pipefitters/Mechanics with measuring, cutting, layout, assemble, and installation of plumbing and piping.
- Clean and prepare construction sites.
- Mount brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipes. Set sleeves or inserts.
- Hang assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Assist with cutting or drilling holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes.
- Assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assembles to tanks, pumps, or systems using hand tools.
- Assist with cutting metal components for installation.
- Assist with disassemble and removal of damaged or worn pipe.
- Dig holes or trenches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of successful work experience. Construction related preferred.
- Post-secondary trades certificate preferred.
- Willing to learn to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Able and willing to maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with others.
- Honest and ethical.
- Able to pay attention to detail and ask questions.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Able to accept constructive criticism calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
- Positive, good natured attitude. Must be able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Other Job Details:
- A high school diploma/GED, or a combination of education and work required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Jobs are full-time, year-round positions.
- Normal work schedule is 8 hours per day, Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime. Daily start times may vary.
Walton is “Not Your Typical Mechanical Contractor…We’re Family”
John Hettle P.E., President
We Design It…We Build It…We Service It!