Seeking an experienced Building Automation Estimator who will be responsible for all phases of the estimating process to include the review of project specifications, drawings, proposals, and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for building automation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate all project specifications and scope to execute an accurate estimate.
- Consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Develop relationships with General Contractors.
- Perform job site visits, scope review, and attend pre-bid meetings to continuously refine project estimating and communications.
- Develop preventative maintenance agreements with current and new customers.
- Provide timely and accurate turnover to BAS Programmer/Technician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College degree preferred. A combination of postsecondary trade or technical school and construction management/estimating job experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of Building Automation estimating experience preferred. Will consider construction estimating experience.
- Must possess a robust technical orientation. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required. CAD and Bluebeam knowledge preferred.
- Able to work in a fast paced, time pressured, structured office environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Able to compute ratios, rates and percentages.
- Must possess great communication skills, a strong work ethic, and an overall attitude to “get the job done”.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Telework is not an option.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Walton offers Highmark BlueShield PPO medical/dental/vision healthcare insurance, employer provided long-term/life insurance and short-term disability. Other benefits include 401(k) plan with employer match and immediate vesting, immediate paid time off, paid holidays, education assistance and Pennsylvanian registered Sheet Metal, HVAC & Plumbing apprenticeships.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
We Design It…We Build It…We Service It!