Administrative Assistant needed to provide professional clerical support for the Engineering/Design and Estimating departments within the Support Services Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clerical: filing, sorting, scanning, copying, printing, collating, typing, data entry.
- Process bid invitations, bid documentation, obtain bid bonds.
- Assist with bid day activities: follow-up telephone calls, emails, general support as needed.
- Process quotes, drawings, specifications, addendums, etc.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Scan invoices, purchase orders, contracts and change orders into electronic folders.
- Provide clerical support to VP Engineering, Virtual Design Manager and Designers, Estimators.
- Update estimate tracking sheet as needed, estimating schedule and job list weekly.
- Route telephone calls and forward emails as necessary.
- Order company office supplies and apparel.
- Attend weekly Estimating meeting and prepare/distribute minutes.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the company employee handbook.
- Comply with company safety policies and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Speak, write, read and understand the English language well enough to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Serve as backup to office receptionist.
- Perform related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- HS Diploma/GED required; post-secondary education would be a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of related clerical support work experience working for a commercial trade contractor. Experience working within an estimating department preferred.
- Ability to handle many administrative details and routine day-to-day issues independently.
- Above average verbal and written communications skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required. Working knowledge using Bluebeam and PDF software preferred.
- Must be extremely organized, self-reliant, proactive, and detail oriented.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
Must have reliable transportation. This is not a telework position.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Walton offers Highmark BlueShield PPO medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match and immediate vesting, employer-paid life, short term and long term insurance, immediate paid time off, educational assistance and state-registered apprenticeships.
We Design It … We Build It … We Service It!
We Are Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer!